Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back with BANG!!!

Okay, first things first. When was I last wrote a blog?? Check the date. It's Jan 29, 2010!! Almost a year ago!! But now I have decided that I will not let my passion rot due to my studies. I will try to blog as often as I can. I won't procrastinate. So, without much ado, I am moving to Tennis.


First - Sania Mirza 


She ended the year with a $75k ITF title in Dubai. It included two fabulous 3-setter wins over dangerous, higher ranked players. She beat Serbian rising star Bojana Jovanovski 4-6, 6-3, 6-0 in the final. And. That's not all. She also reached the doubles final, with Vladmira Ulhirova.


She's raring to go!!
Sania's start of 2011 was rather disappointing. She lost a heart-breaking 3-setter qualifying final against against German Sabine Lisicki 6-1, 6-7 (7), 7-6(5). Those who watched the match say, Sania blew it all from 5-2 up in final set TB.


Anyways, now she looks forward to play AO qualifiers starting this week. And with Lisicki ranked too low to enter direct in to main draw, chances are high that Sania bumps into her once again. But this time, I am confident that she'll be able to tidy her game up and beat her quite comfortably. All the best for AO Sania!!


Indians @ Chennai Open


I need not say more. You all must have watched it on TV or heard it on news. Somdev, Sanam, Bops, Bops / Qureshi. All disappointed. The only great thing was the comeback of the Indian Express - Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi. This tournament was not less than any fairy tale for them. Saving 5 M.Ps in the 1st round. Then ending with a hard-fought and well-deserved three-set win. Almost like a script!! 




For them now, AO is their next stop where all other teams better beware!! And we fans hope that they continue their pairing at least throughout the year. Good luck to the Indian Express!!


Lots of other Tennis things coming up tomorrow, including a lot about Rafa's season. Stay Tuned!!


<< Back to my Blog - Follow me on Twitter >>

No comments:

Post a Comment